Night Audit Monday May 30th, 2016


Almost done with the first week at my new job. Not to undersell myself, but a monkey could easily do what I do. My job requires me to babysit the hotel. As the Night Auditor, I'm responsible for closing out the day and running reports. I also have to check in any guests that show up late. I usually see one or two people a night. 

As for running the Night Audit reports. The first night took me almost an hour. Now I'm usually done in about five-teen minutes. Most of that is me taking a smoke break, and the system talking to the offsite server. On days that the breakfast attendant isn't here I also have to make breakfast. That takes about forty-five minutes, and happens at the end of my shift. 
I'm left with a minimum of five hours by myself with nothing to do. Thus, writing time! 

Training was scheduled for a full week. I was done before the end of the first day. I've had someone here with me the whole week, but they sit in the back on their computer and just answer any questions I have. I'll continue to need answers to random things that happen. You can never train for everything. Otherwise I'm good to go. 

Next week will be awesome. I'll be on my regular schedule of working Sunday night through Friday morning. Leaving my weekend wide open to spend with the family. As for my writing. I'll get loads done here at work, and I'll just need to find the discipline to write at home with my free time at night. The only down side to this job, is I have to sleep in the day. Usually from about 12:00 to 19:30 or 20:00.

Daily Word Count, #DailyWC - 3,291
Novel - DWC: 1,640 TWC: 9,847
Blog - DWC: 1651, Five blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment